Cartels based in Kenya recruit East Africans into trafficking situations by pretending to be legitimate labor brokers for real jobs. JJ explains how they do it, which includes brazenly advertising in newspapers.
- Why human trafficking is still rife in Kenya, The Star
- Illicit Trafficking and Eastern Africa, UNODC
- KENYA: Tier 2, Office To Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- Kenya is run by mafia-style cartels, says chief justice, The Guardian
- Merchandised: Human trafficking cartels in Kenya, YouTube
- Photo: Standard Digital