A recent Washington Post article noted that according to Federal data, young black men are disproportionately prosecuted for human trafficking. While recognizing that these men are perpetrators, African-Americans are also victims, and racial stereotypes and white saviorism are still found in law enforcement and anti-human trafficking.
- Who’s disproportionately prosecuted for human trafficking? Young black men., The Washington Post
- Types of Trafficking, Human Trafficking Data
- Human Trafficking: Not All Black or White, Human Trafficking Search
- Human Trafficking, VictimsofCrime.org
- The Racial Roots of Human Trafficking, UCLA Law Review
- An Empirical Analysis of the Intersection of Organized Crime and Human Trafficking In the United States, National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Photo: Pexels