With the rise of true crime podcasts, documentaries, and television shows (hey, murderinos!), JJ (who is also crime obsessed) can’t help but wonder—why hasn’t human trafficking been taken up by the true crime community? This week, Seth and JJ discuss why studying killers can be helpful to those who study trafficking, how the true crime community can help, and the legal differences between trafficking and other crimes like kidnapping. JJ also weirds out Seth with her love of murder.
- A Brief History Of Court TV, Where Many A True-Crime Obsession Was Born, Gizmodo
- Atlanta Monster, Tenderfoot TV and HowStuffWorks
- Mastery, Tyranny, and Desire: Thomas Thistlewood and His Slaves in the Anglo-Jamaican World by Trevor Burnard, Amazon
- Ariel Castro Kidnappings, Wikipedia
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara, HarperCollinsPublishers
- Photo: Max Pixel