In part two of our series on indigenous communities and human trafficking, JJ and Seth dive into the reality of historic slavery and current trafficking of First Nations people in Canada. We continue to discuss the eraser of First Nations victims, and the lack of data and public attention.
- First Nations People in Canada, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- First Nations, Wikipedia
- John Evans Study Committee, University of Denver
- Democratic Individuality, Alan Gilbert
- Slavery in the Maritime Provinces, Early Journal Content on JSTOR
O’Neil, Peter. “A Canadian community compared to Haiti — at minus-40C | Vancouver Sun”. Blogs.vancouversun.com. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- “Stop the blame game | Toronto Star”. Thestar.com. November 30, 2011. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Kirmayer, Laurence J. (March 1994). “Suicide Among Canadian Aboriginal Peoples”. Transcultural Psychiatric Research Review. doi:10.1177/136346159403100101. Retrieved December 14, 2014. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/a-history-of-residential-schools-in-canada-1.702280
- Mosby, Ian (July 2013). “Administering Colonial Science: Nutrition Research and Human Biomedical Experimentation in Aboriginal Communities and Residential Schools, 1942–1952”. Histoire sociale/Social history. 46 (91): 145–172. Archived from the original on July 23, 2013. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- Robertson, Lloyd Hawkeye (2006). “The Residential School Experience: Syndrome or Historic Trauma” (PDF). Pimatisiwin. 4 (1). Archived (PDF) from the original on August 26, 2016. Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- The First Canadians, Google Books
- Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Aboriginal Women and Girls, Native Women’s Association of Canada
- Sikka, A (2009). “Trafficking of Aboriginal women and girls in Canada”.
Bill C-49: An Act to amend the Criminal Code (Trafficking in Persons)”. www.parl.gc.ca. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Meet the Reporter Behind a New, Must-Listen Canadian Crime Podcast – Flare”. Flare. 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- Why are girls disappearing all over Canada?, BBC
- Canada’s stolen daughters: Sex traffickers target indigenous Canadians, CNN
- A Conversation With Native Americans on Race, Facebook
- Canada’s First Nations already feel failed by inquiry into missing and murdered women, The Guardian
- Photo: Wikipedia